$6.54 Billion – Yes, you read that figure right! That’s how much the eCommerce retail sales are projected to grow by the end of 2022.
Only those who go above and beyond for their customers manage to stand out in a sea of competition that is growing daily. Unsurprisingly these same businesses, regardless of the competition, convert visitors into first-time purchasers and customers into brand advocates.
An eCommerce store can be started within a week. But, what’s the formula for increasing sales and conversions year on year? That is what we investigated. And we discovered 10 efficient e-commerce marketing techniques that each online retailer must apply to increase conversions in 2022 and beyond.
You cannot convert every visitor that lands on your homepage into a loyal customer. The silver lining is that you can still encourage prospects to advance through your sales funnel by employing the proper tactics at the appropriate moments.
Here’s how you can do that using these 10 proven strategies:
- Lead Generation –
Quizzes are the best option for eCommerce websites to collect super targeted leads. It can be difficult for many marketers to collect personal information from signups without negatively impacting conversion rates. In addition to their email address, provide prospects with a compelling incentive to offer more information. Utilizing lead generation tests is one approach to achieve that.
Lead generation questions come in a variety of formats, from “Which ice cream flavor are you?” to “What’s your go-to style?” and are one of the most effective ways to gather segmented Top-of-the-Funnel leads.
How would you make it work? When a visitor lands at your online retail store invite them to take a quiz with a direct call-to-action. This strategy may surprise you with the results it garnishes.
A lot depends on how engaging and effective your quiz questions are, so make sure to ask relevant questions. The answers will help you offer personalized suggestions.
After the visitor completes your thorough quiz, you may route them to a customized landing page with their name, quiz results, and research-backed product recommendations.
Things to keep in mind:
- Use a third-party platform, like Typeform, to build quizzes that are entertaining and relevant to your prospects.
- Provide users with a compelling incentive to enter their email addresses.
- Make sure to follow up with your fresh, segmented prospects with laser-focused email marketing.
- Optimize your website with SEO
Optimizing your website for organic search traffic is one of the best eCommerce marketing strategies to promote growth.
People frequently use Google to do online product searches. In fact, Google is the starting point for 46% of all product searches. That percentage rises when you consider those looking for a product but don’t have a particular brand in mind (people who are most open to learning about brands and their alternatives).
How can you reach all of these internet shoppers with your brand? Create a thorough eCommerce SEO strategy!
In contrast to PPC, Adwords, and Google Shopping, enterprise-level SEO investments grow over time. As a result, the overall lift benefits numerous landing pages throughout your website rather than just one.
From our SEO essentials checklist, these are just a few brief suggestions.
- Make that Google has indexed all crucial pages.
- Create a three-click deep website architecture that makes sense.
- Speed up page loading.
- Research keywords and match material to search intent.
- Deal with content duplication.
- Put organized data to use.
- Make sure all pages are responsive.
- Fix faulty links
- Use image alt text
- Optimize Category Pages –
You must optimize your category pages in addition to your website as a whole. It is crucial for e-commerce in particular. It is important to thoroughly optimize your category pages for the broad search phrases with significant search traffic.
Which approaches work the best for this?
Making distinctive category pages that are simple to find is the first step. A page should not have numerous categories, and similar or duplicate material should not be added to category pages.
Use subcategory folders and concise, keyword-rich URLs that contain the main keyword. Use keywords to improve your page’s meta descriptions and title for Google searches. However, businesses must also utilize language that tempts users to click from search engine results pages (SERP).
Use internal links properly and only one H1 tag per page. Additionally, ensure that your category pages include pertinent content rather than just products. Integrating high-quality content into your category pages is a fantastic idea if you want to rank for relevant keywords.
- Optimize Product Pages –
It is vital to cover bottom-of-the-funnel needs in eCommerce marketing techniques. Optimizing your product pages is crucial to bringing the bottom of the funnel visitors. These buyers are prepared to make the final choice and already know what they want.
Here are some pointers for successfully optimizing your product pages:
- Use URLs that are optimized for SEO and include the main keyword.
- Create SEO-friendly title tags that are appealing to customers.
- Create captivating meta descriptions using your primary keyword.
- For both website users and search engines, use keywords in H1 tags.
- Optimize for mobile devices
- Make your product descriptions stand out.
- Create content that speaks to the personas that you want to reach.
- Capture rich snippets using structured data
- Keep your stuff original.
- Use product photographs of the highest quality with accurate alt tags.
- Aim for rapid page loading.
- Offer suggestions for comparable products.
- Add customer testimonials or product reviews.
- Optimize for voice search –
The popularity of voice search has skyrocketed since the release of Siri. According to OC&C Strategy Consultants, by 2022, voice search is predicted to be responsible for a startling $40 billion worth of retail transactions in the US and the UK.
The voice shopping experience is projected to be one of the fastest-growing aspects of online shopping. It is a significant eCommerce trend of 2022. As a result, to profit from this expanding sector of eCommerce, you must optimize your website for voice search.
Here are a few straightforward yet potent voice search SEO strategies.
- Make your answers to inquiries brief and to the point.
- Use long-tail, conversational keywords that represent the way people speak.
- Avoid using complex terms that will confuse voice assistants in your content.
- Put your efforts towards implementing page-speed upgrades. Because voice search is like a conversation, your pages must load quickly to be chosen by Google.
- Add a Keyword-Driven FAQ Section –
Many marketers overlook the significance of a keyword-driven FAQ section when considering effective eCommerce marketing methods. Your website’s FAQ section enables you to swiftly address queries and dispel any potential clients’ reservations. Consider the usual terms and queries users might use while developing your FAQ. Utilize your customer service team to identify the frequently requested answers.
For instance, if your business is called “Women’s Clothing,” there is a significant probability that consumers may look for branded terms such as:
- Return procedures
- Optional payment terms
- Consumer assistance
- product assurance
- Credit cards
- picking the appropriate size
You can increase your chances of receiving SEO traffic by structuring your FAQ section around pertinent keywords. Additionally, you make it simple for consumers to do a rapid search for information, which lowers resistance during the purchasing process.
- Integrate Live Chat on Your Website –
A sizable chunk of your consumers, particularly the younger ones, prefer email over phone calls and desire prompt responses to their inquiries. The major forms of communication for Gen Z and millennials are texting and chat apps. Calls are only placed if they are essential.
Overall, 38% of those polled said they would be more likely to purchase from a website if it included live chat. Retailers claim that having live chat has increased online sales, revenue, and client loyalty in 79% of the businesses polled.
Given this, adding a live chat feature to your e-commerce website may be one of your best e-commerce marketing techniques. It enables you to offer immediate customer care to individuals who don’t want to wait for an email response or pick up the phone and be put on hold.
Live chat is another effective approach to ensure that your consumers have a wonderful experience from beginning to end.
However, phone calls are still a communication channel used by older generations. If your visitors are among them, it could be coherent to consider integrating an omnichannel contact center for a better customer service.
- Improve Conversion Rate Optimization –
If you don’t invest in CRO you’re just throwing money away. By raising your conversion rate you can generate more income from current traffic. This money can then be used to buy more traffic, which converts at a faster rate and produces more money, and so on. A flywheel for your marketing initiatives is CRO.
The truth is that even a little increase in conversion rate can result in significant income increases.
Consider the scenario where your website has an average of 20 million visitors each month and a 4% conversion rate, translating to $40 million in monthly income. Your yearly income rises to $600 million, an increase of $120 million if you can just boost your conversion rate by 1%.
- Offer Incentives to Your Customers –
Offering incentives can make you stand out from the competition and persuade clients to do business with you. If at all possible, provide shipping for free. For better or worse, Amazon has raised the bar for shipping, and customers now take it for granted.
In addition, there are additional incentives, such as:
- Special savings
- A sneak preview of forthcoming products
- Buy one, get one free
- Contribution to charity
- Cash-back promise
- Speed delivery
- Gift packaging
Just be careful not to undercut yourself too much while offering rewards. If you offer discounts all the time, you risk dramatically reducing your earnings and setting the precedent that your goods will always be on sale. When offering incentives, be thoughtful.
- Implement a Personalized Email Marketing Strategy –
If you include personalized email marketing in your e-commerce marketing plan, it may have a significant impact on whether someone decides to buy from your company. According to Accenture, 91% of consumers are more inclined to purchase businesses that send them tailored emails.
Customers genuinely want to engage with brands. Personalization improves the relationship you have with clients.
Here are some techniques for customizing email campaigns:
- Based on previous purchasing habits, recommend products.
- In the subject line, mention the person’s name.
- Send a special gift or a discount coupon on a person’s birthday, anniversary, or other significant days.
- Segment the members of your email list according to a characteristic such as age, gender, geography, or interest.
- Use triggers based on a person’s behavior, such as when they haven’t purchased from you in a while.
- Consider techniques to develop sincere relationships with your consumers while creating customized emails.
In 2022 and beyond, you won’t necessarily need to redesign your entire website to enhance sales and conversions. You may optimize your marketing efforts at each level of your sales funnel by making a few small changes.
If you need new suggestions for eCommerce marketing success, try these tactics and see which ones perform best for you. Consider the aforementioned tactics to be best practices for eCommerce marketing. They’re a winning combination, but it’s up to you to decide how to use them in your business strategy.