You can get iMessage on Android, but you’ll need a Mac computer – that’s how it works.
- To use iMessage on Android, you’ll need to download the AirMessage app and link it to your Mac.
- When you send a message from your Android, AirMessage will play it through Mac first.
- iMessages are just like regular text, but they are sent over the Internet and have a distinctive blue color.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference Library for more stories..
This sounds silly to some, but the “blue bubble” envy is real. There are a number of users who get rid of their Android phones especially because they cannot use iMessage. It’s not that there’s anything wrong with SMS – people just like the blue iMessage bubbles.
But what these users may not know is that you Can do Send and receive iMessage text from your Android. It takes some setup, and you’ll need access to a Mac computer, but it works well.
Here’s how to get iMessage on your Android, so people can send you text without running into green bubbles.
How to use iMessage on Android.
To do this, you will need an Android phone and a Mac computer.
First, you’ll need an Apple ID account. All iMessages have to go through an Apple ID that is associated with your phone number.
1. Create an Apple ID on the official website and link it to your phone number. If you already have an Apple ID that is not linked to your number, go to the Apple ID website and log in, then click. Account security And add your number.
2. Click to log in to your Apple ID in your Mac’s System Preferences app. Sign in In the upper right corner.
3. Once logged in, go to. Apple ID Menu and click. Name, phone, email In the left sidebar.
4. Under Accessible to Heading, click. Plus sign.
5. Select. Phone numbers Select and type your number, then enter the code that was sent to you.
6. Next, open the Messages app and log in with your Apple ID.
Now you have set up your Apple ID on Mac. Now, you will set up AirMessage.
Next, you will set up AirMessage, the app that lets you send iMessages.
1. On your Mac, go to the AirMessage website and download. Air message server For macOS, then unzip the file and transfer the app to yourself. Application Folder
2. Open AirMessage on your Mac and create or connect an account. You will also need to give access to the app disk.
3. You’ll also need to stop your Mac from sleeping – if it’s asleep or the lid is closed, you won’t be able to root your messages. Open System Preferences and then click. power Saver Or Battery To change these settings.
4. Next, install AirMessage on your Android and open it.
5. Log in to your account in the Android app and it will automatically link to your devices.
6. Faucet Blue chatting icon In the bottom right corner of the app, type another number to which you want to send the iMessage. A popup will appear on your Mac stating that the AirMessage wants to use the Messages app – Allow it.
You can now send and receive iMessages from your Android, as long as both this and your Mac are connected to the Internet.