Team news, stats and predictions ahead of the Wolverhampton vs Manchester United match in the Premier League on Sunday; Match starts 4:30 pm.
Wolves Defensive duo Yerson Mosquera and Willie Polley could be available after hamstring injuries but Pedro Neto and Johnny (both knee) are still off the field.
Daniel Bowdens is hoping to make an appearance after returning from a thigh problem to score in a 4-0 Carabao Cup win on Tuesday at Nottingham Forest.
Manchester United He will be without midfielder Scott McTominay, who underwent hip surgery earlier this week and joins goalkeeper Dean Henderson (recovering from coronavirus), full-back Alex Telles (ankle) and striker Marcus Rashford (shoulder), as well as the long-term absentee. Phil Jones. (knee) On the sidelines.
how to follow
Wolves vs Man Utd live stream Sky Sports Premier League From 4 pm the match starts at 4:30 pm. Sky Sports Customers can watch in-game clips on the live match blog at Sky Sports The site and the application. Highlights will also be published in Sky Sports digital platforms and Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
The last time …
Prediction: Jones News Books…
Manchester United showed last weekend against Southampton why they are not winning any Premier League titles anytime soon with their current squad.
Yes, they created a lot of risks and scoring chances early in the game, but the lack of charisma and tactical know-how shown in the last 20 minutes when there was the winning goal was worrisome.
Having only one shot on target during that period against a relegation-seeded side – a long-range effort from Scott McTominay at the time – proves they had a lot to find to upset Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City this season. All three of these teams would have hit that target with the three points shown.
I remain adamant that United will finish fourth or worse this season with the current manager in charge.
By the end of the season I will be very confident that Wolves will finish at least six places higher than Southampton in the Premier League, so United will face even stronger opposition than last weekend. If the boys of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer play just as bravely in the final third, the Wolves have a decent chance of getting upset.
The Bruno Lage era has been flowing beneath the surface so far. Good performance, looser playing style but consecutive defeats is what he should show in their work. Scoring 37 shots on target in the two games against Tottenham and Leicester is an impressive feat, and while those efforts equate to an average figure for expected goals, the message from the manager about a more offensive approach is spreading. Positive signs, indeed.
Remember, United are on the cusp of a new Football League record with 28 away matches unbeaten.
I think this race will end here. Home victory.
Predict the score: 2-1
betting angle: Wolverhampton to win (18/5 with Sky Bet).
- Wolves lost this exact match 2-1 on the final day of the 2020-21 season – they have not lost consecutive domestic league matches against Manchester United since December 1967.
- Manchester United have lost only one of their last eight Premier League matches with Wolverhampton (W4 D3), losing 2-1 at Molineux in April 2019.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 27 away matches in the Premier League (W17 D10) – if they avoid defeat here, they will set a new record for the longest unbeaten away run in Premier League history.
- Wolves have lost each of their last five Premier League games, scoring just one goal in the process. They have also lost five of their last seven league games at home (W2), the same number they have lost in their previous 20 games at Molino (W9 D6).
- In the first two games of the Premier League season, only Liverpool (46) attempted more shots than Wolves (42). They also scored the sixth highest expected goal tally (3.2) out of 20 teams, yet they are still looking for their first league goal under Bruno Lagg.
- This will be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s 100th Premier League game with Manchester United (W52 D28 L19). Of the eight former coaches who have reached a milestone with the Red Devils in the Premier League, only Ernst Mangnal (54) has won more than 100 of his Norwegian coaches.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjær will become the ninth coach to take charge of 100 Premier League games for Manchester United in this match. Of the previous eight, only Matt Busby and Tommy Docherty have won their 100th game in charge, and five of those coaches have lost their notable match, including Alex Ferguson in April 1989.
- Paul Pogba has already assisted five goals for Manchester United in the Premier League this season; More than ever by a player after two games a season in the competition. A assist against Southampton last time made him equal the balance of Cristiano Ronaldo with the Red Devils in the Premier League (34).
- Only Micael Antonio (11) has had more shots in the Premier League than Adama Traore of Wolverhampton (10) so far this season, although he has not been able to find the net so far this season. In fact, the Spaniard has scored only two goals out of his last 74 shots in the competition.
- Mason Greenwood scored in each of Manchester United’s first two games in the 2021-22 Premier League season, scoring one goal against Leeds United and Southampton. He could become the second teenager to score in his team’s first three matches in the Premier League season, after Robbie Fowler with Liverpool in 1994-95.
Essential Football Podcast: Jimmy Redknapp on Liverpool and Chelsea’s golf skills! | Plus: Manchester United on the verge of a record
Liverpool and Chelsea go head-to-head at Anfield on Sky Sports on Saturday night, with Jamie Redknapp joining Peter Smith on the Essential Football Podcast for the big showdown between the two Premier League title winners.
part One: It’s Virgil van Dijk against Romelu Lukaku at Anfield this weekend – but who will come out on top? Jimmy Redknapp gives his verdict. Plus, the Sky Sports expert reflects on Harry Kane’s stay at Tottenham – and reveals what the striker will look like on the golf course!
Part 2: Sky Sports Football journalist Charlotte Marsh took a look at Adama Traore’s new role for Wolves who managed 42 shots but 0 goals in their first two Premier League games, and we’ve dissected Manchester United’s impressive away run of results.
Part 3: We preview Leeds’ trip to Burnley and Data Editor Adam Smith mentions the top statistically performing English players across Europe from the opening rounds – with several surprising names on the side!