The web designer profession was born in the early 90’s with the advent of the global computer network. Since then, the first websites have appeared on the Internet, and in order to get their attention, their owners have entrusted their design to a professional.
A web designer is an expert who creates websites, has artistic tastes and has knowledge of internet technology.
It’s a relatively young, dynamic profession. A web designer (as in Bold Eye Media, for example) uses markup, special programs and programming languages, designs the logical structure of web pages to create user-friendly interfaces, and artistically designs ۔
What is web design?
It is clear that good design affects the attractiveness and profitability of the site. Therefore, a good expert knows the current web technologies and has a good taste. Nowadays, design services are provided by specialized companies and freelancers.
Web design is a branch of web development and a type of design aimed at creating visual language (which can include different types of graphics: photos, illustrations, etc.). Web designers design web pages, think through user-friendly functionality, and create artistic designs for projects.
The site designer can create any layout for:
- Business card or lending website
- Online shop or corporate website
- Logo or advertising banner
- Email Distribution Templates
The main purpose of such a design is to draw the attention of the audience to a product, service or person. From this, we can conclude that web design is a step-by-step web design.
What should a web designer know?
Due to the increasing demand on the Internet, the need for website design increases, leading to an increase in the number of web designers. Such an expert can be a person who has no special education.
What a web designer needs to know:
- How to approach any design work correctly
- The basics of HTML layout
- Color management, texture, and typography;
- Trends and insights
- Web Design Software (Adobe Illustrator, Fireworks CS4, Photoshop, Coral Draw)
- Ability to create interfaces and prototypes
- Typography and the principles of internet marketing
Here’s what a web designer needs to know:
- Current trends in graphic web design
- Experience in website testing and promotion
- A set of plugins and templates (e.g. Free magazine makeup.)
- A sense of style and a broad perspective
- Desire for continuous development.
The web designer not only draws but also participates in creating software for the site, which is why he can be called a programmer.
What does a web designer actually do?
The web designer must have the extraordinary originality to create a unique and recognizable website while keeping in mind its content and its search engine promotion features.
At least the work of a web designer looks like this:
Draft Reference Terms (Goals and Site Structure Plan)
Creating a layout with all the details,
Develop a unique web design
Improving graphics and by
Duties of Web Design Specialist:
The main task of a web designer is to launch a project on his own or with a team (manager, analyst, and developer).
If you interrupt his work, his responsibilities will include:
- Explain the goals and functions of the website
- Site structure plan (content, navigation, presentation formats)
- Web page design and its components according to a comprehensive scheme
- Site layout, preparation of its pages, sections and other elements
- Adapt the site to all operational device systems (computer, tablet, or smartphone)
- Updating and upgrading the document
- Working with processing applications
- Writing software and code for the page.
As a result, the web designer obtains a graphic package of files with the design of the pages of the future site, and then has to check the site created for error-free and hassle-free display on various devices.
Depending on its expertise, the web designer may be responsible for creating banners, presentations and applications. When working with more complex sites, the expert explains the strategy, sitemap and architecture, and only then does the layout begin.