What do you know about SDCC Special Edition
San Diego – Downtown San Diego will soon be packed with cosplayers and comic book fans when Comic-Con Special Edition kicks off at the San Diego Convention Center.
Badges are still available for the three-day event, which takes place November 26-28 in the Gaslamp District. Smaller in size than previous conventions, it’s San Diego’s first Comic-Con event since 2019.
Here is a look at the requirements in place for attendance amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Proof of vaccination or negative test is required
Comic-Con organizers say fans, including children under 12, will need to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test in order to attend this year’s convention. Full vaccination means attendees must be at least 14 days after their final vaccine dose on the day they receive their Comic-Con Special Edition badges.
Vaccinated California attendees can receive a free digital COVID-19 vaccination record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov To present at the event.
Other acceptable methods of proving vaccination include:
- CDC or WHO COVID-19 vaccination card received at the time of vaccination
- A copy of the vaccination card, front and back
- A copy of the vaccine card from the front and back on the phone or electronic device
- A digital record issued by the Ministry of Public Health or an authorized company that includes a QR code that displays date of birth, dates of vaccination and gender when scanned by a SMART health card reader
If you plan to bring a negative test result to the venue, the test should be taken on or after Tuesday, November 23. The results of NAATs and antigen tests will be accepted and must be submitted in a form of written or paper documentation or an electronic copy.
Documentation of a negative test result must include the following:
- Test type (PCR/NAAT or antigen test)
- The entity that issued the result (such as a laboratory, healthcare provider, or telehealth service)
- Sample collection date
- Information that identifies the person with the full name and at least one other identifier such as date of birth and matches the personal identification of the attendee
Anyone who cannot get to the event due to a positive test result within 72 hours prior to the Comic-Con Special Edition can request a refund by emailing the positive result to [email protected]
Masks required for everyone inside
Organizers say all attendees will be required to wear masks regardless of age or vaccination status. On-site security will apply to the policy, and anyone unable to wear a mask due to medical concerns should not attend the event.
Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, fit snugly to the sides of the face and not have any gaps. Details of Comic-Con approved face coverings Here.
Event organizers said that adjustments may be required before and during the event in order to ensure the health and safety of all groups of attendees. They are asking everyone to follow the directions on the informational signs and from the staff.