Team news and stats ahead of Preston and Liverpool’s Carabao Cup fourth round match, Wednesday; Kick-off 7.45pm.
Preston Midfielder Ali Makan will be available again after an ankle injury in the Carabao Cup match with Liverpool.
Matthew Olosund could also make his first appearance this season after playing in a training match at the weekend.
Alan Brown was suspended after his red card against Blackpool but loaned Liverpool defender Sepp van den Berg was given permission to play against the parent club.
Liverpool Comprehensive changes are due to be made to the team that crushed Manchester United 5-0 on Sunday.
James Milner will be sidelined for several weeks with a hamstring injury he suffered at Old Trafford and Naby Keita is unlikely to appear despite bruising from the challenge that led to Paul Pogba’s dismissal.
Debele’s match comes too early for Fabinho, although he was not ruled out for a comeback from a knee injury in Saturday’s game against Brighton.
how to follow
Live broadcast of the Preston and Liverpool match on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football. Coverage begins at 7pm with kick-off at 7.45pm.
Sky Sports Customers can watch in-game clips on the live match blog at Sky Sports The site and the application. Highlights will also be published in Sky Sports digital platforms and Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
The last time …
- This is the first meeting between Preston and Liverpool since January 2009, as the Reds won 2-0 at Depdale in the FA Cup match.
- This is the first ever meeting between Preston and Liverpool in the League Cup. They have faced each other in two previous domestic cup matches, with Preston winning 1-0 in a second replay in the 1961-62 FA Cup, and Liverpool winning 2-0 in the 2008-09 FA Cup.
- Preston is looking to reach the League Cup quarter-finals for the first time in its history. North End have been eliminated from 14 of their last 17 League Cup matches against top-tier rivals, having beaten Birmingham in 2002-03, Watford in 2015-16, and Bournemouth in 2016-2017.
- Liverpool have advanced from 16 of their last 17 League Cup matches against teams from the lower league, except for a penalty shootout defeat to Northampton Town in 2010-11.
- Preston has scored more goals than any other team in the League Cup this season (11). Emil Reiss-Jacobsen is the competition’s top scorer this season (4), having scored in all three rounds so far.
- Liverpool striker Divock Origi was directly involved in scoring 12 goals in his nine League Cup matches, scoring 10 and assisting two goals.
What is the date of the Carabao Cup quarter-final draw?
The quarter-final draw will take place immediately football in the morning This Saturday from 10:30 a.m.
Hosts Viners and Jimmy Pollard will be drawing the draw that will start Sky Sports main event And Sky Sports Football.
Carabao Cup 2021/22 schedule…
- Fourth round: October 26 and 27
- Quarter-finals: December 21 and 22
- Semi-finals: January 4 and 5 and 11/12
- Final: February 27
He joins Sky Sports Editor Alice Piper, Peter Smith, and chief football journalist Gerard Brand to discuss the weekend’s Premier League action.
Part 1 | Where now for Manchester United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer? Will Mohamed Salah remain the best player in the world in Liverpool?
Part 2 | What does Everton’s surrender to Watford mean for Rafa Benitez’s Merseyside start? Did Tinkerman give Watford new hope? And the change of guard with West Ham’s victory over Tottenham…
Part 3 | Where have things gone right for Arsenal, and where have things gone wrong for Aston Villa? He discussed Phil Foden, Man City and Bernardo Silva, as well as right-footed Newcastle, Burnley, Chelsea, Norwich and Yuri Tillmans.