Sky Roberts has criticized the Duke of York for submitting legal papers saying her case against him should be dropped due to her “unlawful behaviour”.
He said the royal family was a “coward” and feared that this would lead to allegations that his then teenage daughter had trafficked women for Jeffrey Epstein.
But he said he did not think Prince Andrew would go to prison after the outcome of his daughter’s case.
It comes as the lawyer representing Giuffre is set to test the Duke in London, but has said he will not seek evidence from his ex-wife, his daughters or the Queen.
David Boies suggested that Andrew would find questioning him under oath “a little inconvenient” – but indicated the possibility of a financial deal.
Geoffrey alleges in a civil lawsuit that she was trafficked Epstein She was forced to have sex with the royal family on three occasions when she was 17 years old.
The Duke last week issued 41 denials, rejecting all allegations of wrongdoing. 40 again stated that he “lacked sufficient information to acknowledge or reject” the allegations.
Sky Roberts (pictured) has criticized the Duke of York for submitting legal papers saying her case against him should be dropped for her ‘unlawful behaviour’
He said the royal family (pictured with his ex-wife this month) was a ‘coward’ and feared this would lead to allegations that his then teenage daughter had been trading women for Jeffrey Epstein.
Giuffre alleges in a civil lawsuit that Epstein trafficked and forced her to have sex with the royal family on three occasions when she was 17.
Roberts, 65, a retired maintenance manager who used to work for Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, told The Sunday MirrorIt’s a coward’s way of getting out of trying to blame the victim.
He continued, “It’s ridiculous to say that Virginia’s hands are unclean or she has skeletons in her wardrobe, or whatever.”
He said that his daughter was trying to harm the Duke financially because there was no other way to reach him.
And he continued, “Otherwise, how would you harm him?” Are you going to send him to prison? No. He will be protected, and he will never see a prison.
But Mr Roberts added, “It is wonderful” to see what he called the Queen disavow her son when he retreated from public life and was stripped of his military titles.
A spokesman for the Duke of York declined to comment on the latest allegations in the ongoing saga.
One of America’s best-known lawyers, 80-year-old David Boyce, suggested Andrew would find the experience of questioning under oath “a little uncomfortable” — but suggested a financial deal could be struck.
Boise, Giuffre’s lawyer, is preparing to travel to Britain later this year to take an affidavit from the Duke, which he expects will last “a day or two”.
“I will try to make him understand that this is not going to be combative,” he told the Daily Telegraph. Obviously I will ask him a lot of questions.
And while some of the questions might be uncomfortable, I wouldn’t be aggressive or offensive to him in any way. I will be respectful.
Known as America’s “largest deposit recipient”, Boise has secured or won clients nine settlements worth over $1 billion.
He represented presidential candidate Al Gore after the disputed 2000 election and helped change the law in California to allow gay marriage.
Boise is preparing to travel to Britain later this year to take a statutory statement from the Duke, which he expects will last “a day or two”, although he says he probably won’t need to speak to Prince Andrew’s wider family.
Andrew’s statement must be taken before the July 14 deadline set by the judge.
Should the case go to court, Boyce said he “did not believe we would need” the Duchess of York, Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie to testify.
He added that while Andrew’s conversations with the Queen could be used, “it’s hard to get to her, because he probably won’t admit her, and we won’t fire her.”
The Duke says he has no recollection at all of meeting Mrs. Joffre, who now uses her married name Giuffre, and said last week that he “lacked enough information to admit or deny” whether a famous photo of him with his arm around her waist in March 2001 “exist”.
Mr. Boies claimed he tried to avoid litigation and remains puzzled by the Duke’s legal strategy.
He could say, “I didn’t know she was underage.” He could say, “This was a completely consensual relationship.”
There were a number of things he could say that was hard to attack. But this is incomprehensible.
Legal experts widely expected Andrew would have to settle the case out of court with a payment.
While Boyce said his client would not want to settle if Andrew continued to deny knowledge of it and indicated that the 2001 photo was a fake, he agreed that she would consider a financial offer if it was big enough to be a “vindication.”
He said: ‘It is very unlikely that we will settle for a situation where someone would hand over a check.
So if Prince Andrew asserts ‘I’ve never heard of this guy before’, ‘I don’t know who she is’, ‘The pictures are fake’, I don’t think we’ll settle on that.
“However, if you have a settlement large enough to be, in fact, an acquittal, that is clearly something we will look at.”