Updated Monday, November 29, 2021 at 3:27 PM.
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town at 365 Houston Weekend Guide for Thursday, December 2 through Sunday, December 5, 2021.
Add an event, show or attraction
Do you have a really unique event, attraction or show that we’ve missed? Let us know at [email protected] or Request an enhanced calendar listing and we’ll add it within 1 business day (usually before that). We also have more powerful campaigns that will move the needle in attendees for concerts, festivals, markets, attractions, restaurants, and more. Contact us at [email protected] To learn more.
Things to do all weekend long
- Bruce Robson and Kelly Willis Dinner Show at Schinging Holiday at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Thursday Friday Hunker heads out for a four-course dinner while the married Texan singer-songwriter duo take to the stage for their annual holiday song show. Starts at $118. Show times vary.
- Comedian Gary Owen in Houston Brough | From Thursday to Saturday Famous comedian and actor Gary Owen makes his way to Houston for five stand-up shows over three days. Starts at $90. Times vary.
- A modest holiday gift market home at Hempel Civic Center | Friday Saturday – Discover holiday gifts and decorations, plus one-of-a-kind items from 100 sellers at a two-day pop-up shopping event in Northeast Houston.
- 48 Annual Dickens on the Strand in Galveston | From Friday to Sunday The Galveston Victorian Holiday Festival is back in a big way this weekend, with parades, parties, dinners, drinks and some of the best people watching this side of the pond. $18; $12 for ages 7-12; Free for 6 years or less. Times vary.
- Stephen Sondim a company in the art factory | Opens on Friday 3rd December – The Art Factory performs the Tony Award-winning music of Sonnheim just north of downtown. The movie is about a man weighing the pros and cons of staying single over dinner with his friends. $25. Show times vary.
- It’s no longer time Live performance at Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern | Saturday Sunday – Watch the cistern come to life in a live performance by musician Andre Vida, who will play a custom-made wind instrument he calls “Cistern-o-phone” as he performs his original score for the Time No Longer installation. $20. Noon, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm and 4 pm both days.
- Houston’s Final Women’s Gallery at George R. Brown | Saturday Sunday – Hear inspiring speakers like Blac Chyna, Melissa Gilbert, Kim Fields, Toya Johnson and D’andra Simmons, and explore the goods and services of hundreds of merchants, spa treatments, massages, and all things that celebrate the “Inside You”. Times vary.
- 4th Annual Holiday Festival in Levi Park | Saturday and Sunday | Free – Explore a family outdoor festival complete with a holiday market, craft station, live music performances, a dance performance by River Oaks Dance, Chanukah events, exhibitions and more. From noon to 5 pm on both days.
- Charles Dickens’ Christmas carol At the Grand Opera House 1894 | Saturday Sunday – In conjunction with Dickens on The Great Strand’s Return, the 127-year-old Galveston Theater once again presents two performances of the Dickens classics that inspired the event. $27 to $75. Show times vary.
- Virtual screenings of the 2021 Hanukkah Film Festival | daily | virtual Catch the final days of the online streaming festival, featuring new exclusive and award-winning films to celebrate Eid.
- Hanukkah at Kenny & Ziggy Restaurant | daily – The basic Houston Deli offers menu packages to feed 6-8 ($195) or 8-10 ($235), plus à la carte options including latex by the dozens to soup, brisket, kasha varnish, fried crepes, sweet noodles kugel and more. Requests must be submitted 48 hours in advance.
Fun Holiday and Hanukkah Events
Time-limited museum exhibits, art installations, and pop-up markets
- Limited-time museum exhibits and art installations around Greater Houston | daily | much free – Explore the many fascinating, fascinating, and diverse exhibits to explore the history, science, art, culture, and creativity of the greater Houston metro area.
- Outdoor markets and pop-up shopping events around Greater Houston | daily | many without cover With so many options to choose from these days, you can browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s proliferating outdoor market, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions.
Continuous theatrical and artistic performances
Houston Pro Sports tickets
Thursday December 2, 2021
- Ugly Owl’s Christmas Sweater Party | no cover – Put on the cutest and funniest Christmas sweater, throw on holiday cocktails, and compete for your chance to win the cutest sweater. From 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Christmas on Main Street in Laporte | Free – Celebrate the season with the ultimate Christmas celebration in Laporte’s hometown, featuring an evening full of student shows, food trucks and photos with St. Nick, a kids’ zone and a market. From 5 pm to 8 pm.
- The Texas Society of Asia Center presents Small Business Exporting in Asia & Beyond on YouTube Live | Free With a little help from the United States Small Business Administration, the Asia Society is offering a season to help local business owners and entrepreneurs explore commerce in the Indo-Pacific region. From 6 pm to 7 pm.
- Hanukkah Concert with Soprano Sivan Rotem at the Holocaust Museum in Houston | Free – Argentine-born international Israeli soprano Sivan Rotem sings Israeli and Jewish music in Yiddish, Ladino, Hebrew and Spanish in a special holiday party. The invitation to attend is required to be answered. 6:30 pm.
- Billy Strings at White Oak Music Hall Grammy Award winning bluegrass guitarist Billy Strings performing his latest album, renewal in WOMH. Round one tickets are sold out, but you can Find hard-to-get seats in the online resale market. 6:30pm.
- Rooftop at the Sunset Coffee Building at Buffalo Bayou Park Mix and mingle with BBP’s young professional group, Currents, at a holiday party overlooking the bay, with delicious meals, holiday libations, Christmas cruises on the water, music from DJ Felix, and more. $50 up front; $60 at the door; $35 for members. From 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
- Brian Brown Library Arms Heart Atlas Book launch event | virtual – Log in and hear a conversation between inspiring author, podcaster, and TED speaker, Brian Brown and Pria Parker about mapping meaningful connections. $30. 7 pm.
- Holly Jolie Jingle Party at Cynthia Woods Mitchell’s Suite | Free – The Woodlands Pavilion wraps up the 2021 season with seasonal favorites featuring holiday music from local schools, train rides, Santa and the Grinch’s appearance, and more. 7 pm.
- SoundClash: The Suffers vs Tank and Bangas at the Bayou Music Center – H-Town’s adorable local soul band The Suffers take on Grammy-nominated Funk group New Orleans, Tank and the Bangas in a unique concert featuring four head-to-head tours. $20.26. 8 pm
- Mickey Gilly and Johnny Lee: Urban Cowboys Reunion in Dosey Doe: The Big Barn – Two country music characters who played a main role in the 1980 movie come cowboyFilmed here in Houston, including in the honky-tonk movie called Jelly, bring your reunion tour to The Woodlands. $98. 8 pm
- Tae Mooney in concert at Warehouse Live Texas rap star Tai Mooney is making headlines at EaDo, along with Lil Earl and Huncho Da Rockstar. $20. 8:30 pm.
- The Riot Company offers: American Comedy Show AF At the British Rudyard Rudyard welcomes the monthly return American AF Comedy competition where local laugh-makers compete to be the crowd’s favorite. Starts at $10. 9:30 pm.
Friday December 3, 2021
- Decorate a theme park holiday picnic at Clay Family Eastern Glades at Memorial Park – Memorial Park offers a preview at the new Eastern Glades holiday lights installation, while serving premium cocoa, cookies and garnish decorations, live music, holiday carolers, and more. $15; $10 for ages 12 and under. From 4 pm to 9 pm.
- Friday: Half pizza, champagne and wine at Pour Behavior – Enjoy 50% off 8 signature pizzas, along with selected bottles of wine and champagne, from happy hour until closing at the Midtown drinking destination. From 4 pm to 2 am.
- Cider House Dinner at Central Market Culinary School Go from fall to winter with this Uptown Cider-themed event. Central Market creates a four-course menu with warm cider carefully paired for each dish. $75. From 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Houston Rockets vs Orlando Magic at Toyota Center – Watch the Rockets go to trial against the boys from the home of Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and other tech-enabled magic. $15. 7 pm.
- Comedian Bert Krecher at Smart Financial Center in Sugar Land – Krecher brings his “Party Boy Back Tour” to the huge theater at Sugar Land. $15. $39.75 to $79.75. 7 pm.
- A Uyghur Artist’s Journey: An Evening with Kaiser Anwar at the Asia Society Center in Texas – Embark on a musical journey with pianist Kaiser Anwar, a Uyghur immigrant to the United States who will present a program that includes Uyghur music, along with Beethoven and other pieces that inspired his experience. $35; $25 for members. 7 pm.
- It’s John Waters’ birthday at the Heights Theater Legendary comedian, director, and writer John Waters presents his 25th annual Christmas Tour showcasing holiday fun, burn-in take, and rowdy fun. From 40 to 800 dollars. 8 pm
- Latin Christmas with Houston Latin American Philharmonic at Wortham Center – Led by maestro Glenn Garrido, the Houston Latin American Orchestra brings their traditional seasonal concert to seasonal acts from the world of Latin American music. $29 to $96. 8 pm
- The Garden with Dr. Know at White Oak Music Hall – Watch an intimate show when the experimental rock duo perform tracks from Dr. Knoll’s album, Kiss My Super Bowl RingIn addition to previous work. $18 up front; Show day $20. 8 pm
- DJ Diesel (aka Shaquille O’Neal) at Sekai Night & Day Known as Shaq, basketball star Shaquille O’Neal comes to H-Town’s newest hot spot, playing DJ Diesel. $40. From 10 pm to 2 am.
- W&W in Stereo Live Dance to a new set of songs from the label Rave Culture spun by a West Houston-based Dutch DJ. Tickets $20. From 10 pm to 2 am.
Add your event
Don’t see your event? Request an enhanced calendar listing and we’ll add it within 1 business day. Or contact our advertising team to find out more Larger campaigns, including bundled and discount options.