Salt & Straw ice cream shop offered a menu of five Thanksgiving flavours, including turkey with cranberry sauce.
The West Coast chain (plus Miami) will offer scoops and pints of seasonal flavors throughout the month, along with 10 “classic” flavors.
- Caramelized Turkey and Cranberry Sauce: Crispy turkey bacon with thyme and pepper, plus cranberry sauce.
- Parker House Rolls with Salted Buttercream: Just as it sounds – pieces of buttered bread rolls turn into a salty base.
- Sweet Potato Pie with Twice Cooked Almonds
- Candied Walnut Cheesecake
- Pumpkin and ginger pie (vegetarian)
In the Bay Area, the chain has stores in San Francisco, Burlingame, Palo Alto, Westfield Valley Fair Center and San Ramon. A pint is $13 each and can also be purchased at Salt and straw website.
And the grandfather of exotic Thanksgiving flavours, Jones Soda Turkey and Gravy will be back. The limited edition of 35,000 bottles will go on sale on Monday, November 15.
The flavor, which first sold in 2003, was on a decade-long hiatus before Jones announced this year that it would be back for “a whole generation…never tried it.”
In the Bay Area, Jones Sodas is sold at Coast Plus World Market and Dozens of independent stores.