Teen accused of high school shooting in Michigan that killed 4

Oxford Township, I. (NewsNation nowA Michigan teen has been charged with premeditated murder, terrorism and other counts for the shooting that killed four fellow students and Others were infected at Oxford High School in Michigan.

The charges against 15-year-old Ethan Crumbly were announced on Wednesday, just hours after authorities announced the death Fourth teenager from school in Southeast Michigan. Crumbly is accused as an adult.

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said four victims remain in hospital, including two 17-year-old girls in critical condition. Two 14-year-old boys with gunshot wounds are also recovering in hospital. One was upgraded to serious condition, and Bouchard said the other was “stable”.

A 15-year-old boy, a 17-year-old boy and a 47-year-old teacher have been discharged from hospital.

Local authorities will hold a press conference on the investigation on Wednesday afternoon. News Nation The press conference will be live in the player above.

Attorney General Karen MacDonald has not revealed a possible motive for Tuesday’s shooting at Oxford High School, located in a community of about 22,000 people about 30 miles north of Detroit. But she said prosecutors were “confident” they could prove that the crime was premeditated.

“There is a mountain of digital evidence. Video, social media, all possible digital evidence.”

Bouchard said their understanding of shooting “is still developing.” He said their investigation at the scene, which lasted until 5:30 a.m. Wednesday, revealed that the shooter actually had 18 live rounds left, more than the seven they initially disclosed.

Bouchard said that thirty empty shells were found at the scene.

Representatives rushed to the school at lunchtime and arrested the suspect in the hallway within minutes. At a news conference, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said he put his hands in the air as lawmakers approached.

The four students killed were identified as 16-year-old Tate Meyer, 14-year-old Hannah St. Juliana, 17-year-old Madison Baldwin and 17-year-old Justin Schilling, who died on Wednesday.

Bouchard said Mer died in a patrol car while a deputy tried to take him to the emergency room.

Bouchard said the boy’s father Friday bought a 9mm Sig Sauer used for the shooting. Bouchard said he did not know why the man bought the semi-automatic pistol, which his son was posting pictures of and practicing shooting.

Brigadier General Mike McCabe said the student’s parents had advised their son not to speak to investigators. He added that the police must obtain permission from the juvenile’s parents or guardian to speak with them.

Bouchard said the earlier threat to Oxford High School was investigated and deemed “unreliable” in an interview with News Nation.

“There has been a great deal of misinformation on social media, we actually investigated a potential threat earlier last month in that particular school district and deemed it not credible,” Bouchard said. Morning in America. “In fact, we ran it and it didn’t come from an individual not just in that school district, but not even in our state. And so there was an exclusion of that particular threat.”

In a press conference on Wednesday, Bouchard criticized investigators on social media who he said were posting videos that they claimed were of the shooter, but that they had nothing to do with them and no one involved appeared in them. One of the videos shared was traced back to an incident in Georgia.

“It costs us a lot of resources [to investigate these videos] “It causes more harm and more harm to the victims,” ​​Bouchard said.

School principals sent two letters to parents On the school website earlier this month, saying they were responding to rumors of a threat to the school after a freak vandalism incident.

According to a November 4 letter written by Principal Steve Wolf, someone threw a deer’s head into a yard from the school’s rooftop, painted several rooftop windows with red acrylic paint and used the same paint on concrete near the schoolhouse.

Without referring to this particular incident, Post-Second asserted on November 12: “There was no threat to our buildings, nor to our students.”

McCabe downplayed the situation in early November when a deer’s head was thrown from the roof of the school, which he said had “absolutely nothing” to do with the shooting. The accident prompted school administrators to publish Two messages to parents on the school website, saying they were responding to rumors of a threat to the school but found nothing.

Bouchard said the student caught in the shooting had never had confrontations with his department, and was not aware of any disciplinary history at the school.

“This is part of our investigation to determine what happened prior to this event and whether some signs were missing, how and why they were missed,” he said.

The district said in a statement that all schools will be closed for the remainder of the week.

This story is developing. Update for updates.

.

Write a Comment