SEO Editor | Media Jobs
We are looking for an SEO editor to join our national editorial team. The successful candidate will play a key role in creating unique individual content to attract a new audience, developing strategies to maximize search-relevant opportunities (whether it’s Love Island or the Lockdown Roadmap). And will promote the best practice in peer search.
For this role we need someone who is knowledgeable and experienced with SEO.
Please note that when we submit applications, we will review applications for this role. This may cause this role to be closed without notice, so please do not delay your request.
So, who are we?
Hello, we have arrived! You may not have heard of us but we may have met you without realizing it. We have the most popular digital platforms, magazines and newspapers in the UK and Ireland. From Mirror, Daily Express And Okay fine!, Such as our regional titles Liverpool Echo, Birmingham And Manchester Evening News (Much more), our brands and the stories we cover are as different as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe that’s what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. On Reach, not only will you feel better, but you will also feel better about other people.
What role will this involve?
- Identify search opportunities and content gaps by giving active suggestions for how to advance search opportunities
- Provide dedicated SEO support and planning content for key dates. General Elections, Royal Weddings, Christmas
- Create and / or modify perpetual articles, tags, and title pages
- Help develop SEO best practices and SEO guidelines
- Work as an SEO consultant for editors and reporters
- Make daily recommendations to editors and reporters, and create content based on trending topics and breaking news.
- Monitor daily output, ensure best SEO practices are followed and intervene where necessary
- Report on the performance of SEO strategies highlighting successes, failures and any relevant learning
- Stay up to date on industry growth and analyze competitors. Support and feed the broader SEO team
Who are we looking for?
- You will have the experience of working in a news or digital publishing environment
- Good knowledge of SEO (some familiarity with SEO tools will be useful but not necessary like Google Trends, Search Console or SEMRush)
- A confident and active communication
We are offering competitive pay and benefits which include:
- 25 days off per year
- Partner Pension Scheme
- Free wellness apps and coaching support
- Just Health Care Cashplane
- Holiday Shopping Scheme
- Too many street discounts
Those who reach out believe that diversity brings benefits to our customers, our businesses and our people. That is why we are committed to being a comprehensive employer and encourage applications from all eligible applicants, regardless of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.