Substitute Jake Scrimshaw saved a point for Scunthorpe, who sit last in the standings, as he came back from behind to draw at home to Leyton Orient.
The loaned Bournemouth striker forced the ball home four minutes after coming off the bench to disallow Aaron Drennan’s opener in the first half.
Orient, the final hopefuls, will see the match as losing two points, with the missed visitors unable to exploit any combination of second-half chances.
O’s dominated all around and Drinan swept them up front in the 21st minute when he finished off a flowing move at the top.
They came close to doubling their lead nine minutes into the second half when Dan Kemp fired the ball into the net, and Drennan should have done better when his shot was fired by the goalkeeper only to beat it.
Both strikes proved costly as Scrimshaw found the net on the second attempt when Orient failed to clear a corner kick in the 64th minute.
There are still chances for the visitors to get all three points, but Harry Smith shot wood from inside and not long after he lost his foot when trying to tackle a ball at the back post.
Substitute Paul Smith missed the best chance of the night in the final 10 minutes when he raced clearly only to lift his shot away, allowing Irons to breathe a sigh of relief.
Match report provided by PA Media.
- 2MilneBooked in 42 minutes
- 16ThomsonBooked in 78 minutes
- 23boogeBooked in 83 minutes
- 4kenyonhas been replaced byRoin a 83 ‘Minutes
- 3O’Malleyhas been replaced byBerryin a 45′MinutesBooked in 85 minutes
- 9the attichas been replaced byScrimshowin a 61 ‘Minutes
- 7Green color
- 26hack me
- 15thMitchellBooked in 90 minutes
- 8Clayhas been replaced byPratleyin a 81 ‘Minutes
- 10Kemphas been replaced bySmithin a 69′Minutes
- Samuel Barrott