Scarlett Johansson, Disney agree to end lawsuit

Written by Frank Pallotta | CNN

Scarlett Johansson vs Disney finished.

On Thursday, the actress and Disney resolved their dispute over the lawsuit Johansson brought against the company in July. The lawsuit alleged that Disney breached its contract by releasing “Black Widow,” a Marvel movie starring the actress, on Disney+ on the same day it was shown in theaters.

In a statement Thursday, Johansson said she was “happy to resolve our differences.”

“I am very proud of the work we have done together over the years and have very much enjoyed my creative relationship with the team,” she said. “I look forward to continuing our cooperation in the coming years.”

The terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Alan Bergman, CEO of Disney Studios Content, said Disney appreciates Johansson’s contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and looks forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s “Tower of Terror.”

The lawsuit alleged that placing “Black Widow” on Disney+ reduced Johansson’s financial stake in the film because she agreed that her salary would depend, in large part, on the film’s box office.

Disney responded in July by saying that “there is absolutely no advantage to this deposit.” The studio added at the time that the company “fully complied with Ms. Johansson’s contract, and furthermore, the release of ‘Black Widow’ on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced its ability to earn additional compensation in addition to the $20 million it has received. So far.” .”

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.