Santee brush fire sparks amid red flag warning, evacuation warning issued – NBC 7 San Diego
A brush fire that began on the Walker Reservation Thursday morning has been extinguished and contained within 18 acres, according to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.
Crews will remain on site to carry out clean-up tasks before the cause of the fire is investigated.
It came amid a red flag warning, which led to the area’s residents warning to evacuate. It has since been lifted.
“I just heard the helicopter telling us to evacuate and I turned around and set fire to the entire backyard, so we’ll go ahead and leave,” Sante resident Carlo Kalusian said.
Mayor Lieutenant Chris Gulf said there were no injuries or damaged structures.
The brush fire was reported at 9,000 block of Magnolia Street. SDG & E . cameras showed A large plume of smoke rose in the area around 11:30 a.m.
Santee is one of the communities that can be affected Due to an emergency power outage amid a red flag warning Which started at 9 pm on Wednesday.
Santee Fire Department and Cal Fire San Diego are at the scene.
More than 5,000 SDG&E customers woke up on Thanksgiving Day without power due to a public safety blackout amid a red flag warning. NBC 7’s Audra Stafford reports.
No other information was available.
Please refresh this page for updates on this story. Details may change as more information becomes available.