Road closure begins Thursday morning before the 2021 Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade – CBS Philly
Philadelphia (CBS) – The Thanksgiving Day Parade is back in the city, and with it some roads are closed. Some roads were closed Wednesday night as final preparations took place.
Below is a breakdown of the areas and routes to avoid if you’re making your way through town.
- It starts at 20th Street and John F. Kennedy Boulevard
- East on John F. Kennedy Avenue to 16th Street
- Heading north on 16th Street to Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- West on Benjamin Franklin Parkway (Inner Passages) to Eakins Offal
- Convert Eakins Oval to Kelly Drive
- The show is spread across Kelly Drive and Spring Garden Extension
Tuesday 23 November 2021
- 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. – Eakins Oval is closed between Kelly Drive and Martin Luther King Jr.
Wednesday 24 November 2021
- 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Eakins Oval is closed between Kelly Drive and Martin Luther King Jr.
- 6:30 p.m. – Eakins Oval is closed for rehearsals and site construction until the show wraps up on Thursday, November 25th.
- 7 p.m. – The inner lanes of John F. Kennedy Boulevard, from 20th Street to Schuylkill Avenue, will be closed to vehicular traffic until the show ends Thursday, November 25.
- 9 p.m. – The outside lanes of John F. Kennedy Boulevard, from 20th Street to Schuylkill Avenue, will be closed to vehicular traffic until the show ends on Thursday, November 25.
Thursday 25 November 2021
- 2 a.m. – Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 19th Street to 20th Street until the show ends.
- 6 a.m. – Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 19th Street to 22nd Street until the show ends.
- 7:30 a.m. – The parade route is closed to vehicular traffic.
Along the way endings will be uploaded by 3pm on Thursday 25th November.
The parking restrictions began on Tuesday with temporary “no parking” signs. Officials warn that vehicles parked in designated areas will be moved.