Quinn tells the family she’s ‘much better’ and it’s okay to host Christmas in Sandringham

Exclusive:

The Queen, 95, has told her family she is feeling “much better” and is ready to host her traditional Christmas lunch at Sandringham – the first since Prince Philip’s death.

download the video

Video is not available

The Queen: “We shouldn’t worry too much” about health, says an expert

The Queen has told her family she is well enough to host Christmas at Sandringham after recovering from a back sprain.

The 95-year-old assured them that she was feeling ‘much better’ and that she was ‘looking forward to the reunion’ at her Norfolk home.

Concern about the Queen’s health has grown in recent weeks after she pulled out of a number of major engagements.

Her Majesty the Queen has been resting on doctors’ orders at Windsor Castle after being infected nearly two weeks ago, and last month spent a night in hospital with an unconfirmed case.

Christmas will have a special significance this year, after she lost her husband of 73 years, Prince Philip, in April.

Do you enjoy reading about the royal family? Subscribe to get the best royal news from the mirror Here







Among the guests of the Queen’s Christmas brunch are Prince William, Kate and their children
(

picture:

Kensington Palace/AFP via Getty Images)







The Queen told her family that she feels “much better” and is well enough to host Christmas
(

picture:

Getty Images)

It is understood that the Queen will travel to Sandringham on or around Friday 17 December.

Royal sources said she would likely take the 50-minute helicopter ride from Windsor, but insisted that a conventional train journey from London to Kings Lynn had not yet been ruled out.

The Christmas guests will include Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children.







It will be the Queen’s first Christmas without Philip, while Prince Harry and Meghan are unlikely to fly from the United States.
(

picture:

AFP via Getty Images)

Her younger son Prince Edward, his wife Sophie, and their children Louise and James also confirmed their attendance.

Princess Anne and her children Peter Phillips are expected to attend and visit Tindall.

The invitation extended to Princesses Beatrice and her husband Edo Mapelli Mozzi and their newborn daughter Sienna, and to Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank and their infant son August.







The Queen has had to cancel several public appearances in recent weeks due to her ill health
(

picture:

Palestinian Authority)

Royal sources indicated that scandal-hit Prince Andrew had received an invitation “obviously”, while Prince Harry And his wife, Megan, was “unlikely” to travel from California with their two children, despite their invitation.

The Queen spent Christmas alone with the Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle because of Corona Virus pandemic.

A source said: “The Queen has told everyone that she has been feeling a lot better recently and is very much looking forward to welcoming them at Christmas.







A member of the Royal Collection Trust staff puts the finishing touches on a Christmas tree at Windsor Castle
(

picture:

Palestinian Authority)

“Like many other families, this will be the first time that Her Majesty will be able to reunite with her extended family after they have been separated for so long due to the coronavirus pandemic.”

Royal fans hope to return to the estate on Christmas Day to catch a glimpse of members of the royal family as they collectively walk to and from the 16th century St Mary Magdalene Chapel on the Sandringham estate.

The Queen is said to be “determined” to attend church with the rest of the family but, as in previous years, will be taken to church to save her from a short walk.

After a period of time away from public duties, this week the Queen kept constant diaries from Windsor Castle.

Yesterday she conducted a virtual audience via video link, welcoming the High Commissioner of Nigeria, Sarafa Tunji Isola, and then the Ambassador of Malaysia, Zekri Jaafar.

Buckingham Palace said the Christmas plans were a “private affair”.

Read more

Read more

.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *