The race to excel in this continuously evolving eCommerce domain is increasing with each passing day. And, the new players are coming continuously to try their luck. But. instead of luck, this business favours those who experiment with new ideas regularly. With the same motive & to provide you with a tool that helps to establish the authenticity of your brand, we bring you the Prestashop Watermark Images module.
Features of the Prestashop Watermark Images module
- Apply watermark on various types of images of your store.
- Upload any image of your choice to use it as a watermark.
- Enter the rotation value to rotate the watermark by a certain angle.
- Set the horizontal offset value in positive or negative to move the watermark sidewards.
- Set the vertical offset value in positive or negative to move the watermark upward & downward respectively.
- Enter the opacity value to set the transparency level of the watermark.
- Choose to show the watermark at multiple positions on the image.
- Select all types of images on which you want to show the watermark.
- Either show or hide the watermark from the images to your logged-in customers.
How to install the Prestashop Watermark Images module
- Firstly, go to the module manager in back office and click on ‘upload a module’.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file from the system.
- In this way, the module installation will be successful.
How to configure the Prestashop Watermark Images module
After the successful installation of the module, you need to configure the module first. The configuration settings contain two sections & it has multiple options available in each section. So, let’s just proceed to see what each option offers.
- Upload Watermark File: Here, you can upload an image file that you want to use as a watermark image. After uploading the file, you can also have a preview of it.
- Rotation: Using this option, you can set any value between 0 to 360. It rotates the image on the set value in a clockwise direction. Suppose you enter 57, then the image will rotate to a 57-degree angle.
- Horizontal Offset: Set the value between -100 to 100 to shift the watermark image sidewards. I’ll just explain the significance of positive & negative values. In case, if you put a negative value, then the image will shift to the left side. And, with a positive value, the image will shift to the right side.
- Vertical Offset: This particular setting also work in the same manner as the horizontal offset works. Instead of shifting sidewards, it either shifts the image upwards or downwards. With a positive value, the image shifts in an upward direction & with a negative value, the image shifts in a downward direction.
- Watermark opacity: This feature allows you to set the transparency level of the watermark image.
- Position: Using this option, you can choose to show the image at the following 8 positions.
- Top Left
- Top Right
- Bottom Left
- Bottom Right
- Where to apply: Select the type of images on which you want to apply the watermark image.
- Hide watermark for logged-in customers: You can enable this option to hide the watermark images from your logged-in customers.
After configuring the settings for watermark images, you need to generate each type of image to apply the watermark. In case, if you don’t generate the images, then the settings would create no effect on the images.
To generate the images, first select the type of images & then click on “Generate Watermark” button.
On clicking the button, you will see a progress bar showing the generation of watermark images is in process. The number alongside each image type also confirms the generation of watermark images.
Note: If you even change any setting afterwards, then also generate the images again to observe the changes.
Watermark images on the front-end
After generating the watermark image for each image type, a customer can see watermark on each product image.
While generating the watermark image, we have selected to generate for category image too. Hence, the watermark is also displaying on the category image.
In the screenshot below, you may notice that a watermark image is applied to the product image as well as the thumbnail.
So, this was all about Prestashop Watermark Images Module. I hope this document will help you in checking the functionality of the module in a better way. Also, do let us know about your views in the comments.
In case, if you are also looking for a module that helps you to show GIF image instead of static image. Then, do check out the blog.
For any kind of technical assistance or query, please raise a ticket at http://webkul.uvdesk.com or send us a mail at email@example.com
Current Product Version – 4.0.0
Supported Framework Version – 1.7.x.x