Police warn of car theft rash on the nearby West Side and in Chinatown, Bronzeville, North Kenwood – CBS Chicago
Chicago (CBS) Police issued a community alert Thursday regarding a string of carjackings in several parts of the city – including near the West Side, Chinatown, Bronzeville and North Kenwood.
In each incident, two to four attackers approached the victim who was sitting inside or outside his vehicle. The attackers took black and silver pistols and ordered each victim to get out of the car at gunpoint.
After the victim got out, the suspects drove off.
Auto thefts occurred at the following times and locations:
Read more: Chicago Weather: A Cold Thanksgiving Night
• 8 p.m. Tuesday, November 23, at the 1900 block of West Jackson Boulevard;
• 2 p.m. on Wednesday, November 24 at the 400 block of East 32nd Street;
• at 2:05 p.m. on Wednesday, November 24, in the 200 block of West 24th Place;
• 4pm on Wednesday, November 24, in Building 600 of East 32nd Street;
• 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 24 at 4300 Block of South Greenwood Avenue.
Police said the perpetrators were wearing dark clothing – including gloves and ski masks.
Anyone with information is asked to contact District One investigators at (312) 747-8380.
Extra web: Track car thefts in Chicago