Miami’s restaurant scene historically blossoms every November as restaurateurs try to open in time for Miami Arts Week and season. This year was no exception.
Notable editorials have included the rowdy HaSalon, the reopening of Dune by Laurent Tourondel, and Off Site – a collaboration between Steve Santana of Taquiza and Boxelder’s Adam Darnell.
In December, expect the much-anticipated reopening of Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink and the opening of Katherine by Timon and Marissa Balloo.
Photo courtesy of Laurent Tourondel” class=”uk-display-block uk-position-relative uk-visible-toggle”>
- Ai Tallinn. 723 Lincoln Lane N., Miami Beach; 723 Lincoln Lane N., Miami Beach; 305-695-8700; aitallarin.getsauce.com.
- Poncey. 232 NW 24th St., Miami; 786-522-2135; bonciusa.com.
- Express Islands.1111 Brickell Ave. , Miami; 786-762-2607; eatcarrotexpress.com.
- Ciba. 4233 SW 75th Ave. , Miami; 305-982-7672; ceibasfl.com.
- Circle House Coffee.119 W, Auckland Park Boulevard, Auckland Park; 6456-870-954; Circlehousecoffee.com.
- MiamiCentral Market Citizens. 600 NW First Ave., Miami; 305-395-7883; miamicentral.com.
- Are you. 347 NW 24th St., Miami; 305-501-2848; doyarestaurant.com.
- Dune Laurent Torundel. 2200 N. Ocean Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 754-900-4059; dunefl.com.
- Hasalon. 404 Washington Street, Miami Beach; hasalonmiami.com.
- Damn.1601 Drexel Ave., Miami Beach (in Time Out Market); 786-753-5388; holycrabdelivery.com.
- smokehouse brooklyn from eazy,3585 Northeast 207 Aventura Street; 305-690-7103; izzyssmokehouse.com.
- surrender. 223 NW 23rd St., Miami; 305-982-8960; jattomiami.com.
- other. 55 Northeast 24th Street, Miami; 305-908-9368; laotramamiami.com.
- Downtown Mitch. 540 N. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 754-779-7599; mitchsdowntown.com.
- Night Owl Cookies. 17 N. Hiatus Street, Pembroke Pines; 954-505-4143; nightowlcookieco.com.
- Barren land. 666 Federal Hwy. , Fort Lauderdale; 954-368-2616; nomanslandftl.com.
- Off-site. 8250 NE Second Ave. , Miami; 786-360-4237; Miami.
- Italian cuisine pesto. 723 Lincoln L. N., Miami Beach; 305-695-8700; instagram.com/pesto.usa.
- Bio. 4000 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; piolausa.com.
- plants and vessels.1601 Drexel Ave. (at Time Out Market), Miami Beach; 786-753-5388; timeout.com.
- Sushi Maki. 200 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-277-8744; sushimaki.com.
- Taco Porky. 16 W. Flagler Street, Miami; 305-359-7997; toasttab.com/tacoselporky.
- terrace. 528 SW Ninth Ave. , Miami (at the Life House Hotel); 786-574-3775; lifehousehotels.com.
- Wales coffee. 737 NE Second Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 954-982-2886; wellscoffee.com.
- Yu Mi Japanese Cuisine.1601 Drexel Ave., Miami Beach (in Time Out Market); timeoutmarket.com.
No noticeable shutdowns
Photo courtesy of The Genuine Hospitality Group” class=”uk-display-block uk-position-relative uk-visible-toggle”>
- Aba Opening at Bal Harbor stores
- Afishionado Opening of Jeremy Ford’s seafood restaurant
- The whole day Re-opening in Miami
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar Opening at Aventura Park Square
- Avra Studio Miami at The Estates in Aqualina – The opening soon
- baked bear Coming to Wynwood and Sawgrass Mills
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Opening a location in downtown Miami
- Prasamasa Opening in downtown Miami
- Brasserie Laurel Michael Beltran opens the brasserie
- Brooklyn dumpling store Opening of a robotic dumpling shop in Wynwood.
- Delilah – Opening of a fine dining restaurant and lounge in Brickell
- cheap restaurant Giorgio Rabicavoli has reopened his favorite Coral Gables favorite.
- neighbor – Michael Beltran opens a cigar lounge
- eta Chicago transplant opens at Miami World Center
- Esplanade in Aventura – New dining and shopping complex in Aventura with Garana and more
- Phyllis Opening at Bal Harbor stores
- Ford Garage. Opening of a burger and beer restaurant in South Florida
- formation – David Grotman reopens this famous restaurant in Miami Beach
- Frank Baby Pizza. Connecticut Pizza is coming to South Florida.
- Gramps 2 – The opening soon
- Gramps by the sea – Opening 2021
- Henry Opening a breakfast and lunch restaurant in Los Angeles in Miami
- Ice Box Cafe – Opening in the waterfalls area
- Pizza Joe – A NYC staple coming to Miami
- John Martin Irish Pub Back to Coral Gables
- Julia and Henry Opening a food court in downtown Miami
- Catherine. Timon and Marissa Balloo have opened a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale
- shop Opening in 2021
- loyalty Brasserie New York is coming to Miami
- lucky cat Gordon Ramsay brings his Asian-inspired restaurant to Miami Beach
- My Kay – The beloved restaurant will reopen in the future.
- maple and ash Chicago steakhouse opens at Miami WorldCenter
- Michael’s original food and drinks Re-opening with a new look
- Old Gregg Pizza – Back to Miami
- pasties – New York City bistro coming to Wynwood
- Babili Sushi – Expansion of several new locations
- pure life Opening in West Palm Beach
- Saint Ambrose Opening at Bal Harbor stores
- sexy fish Opening in Brickell
- Shoma Bazaar – Opening of a dining hall in Doral
- Healthy Slim Latina Kitchen & Market Opening at Coral Gables
- Farmer’s Market Sprouts – Coming to Miami
- stalk & spade – A vegan casual restaurant coming to South Florida
- Sunny steak house someday Return to Lot 6
- sushi garage – Opening in CocoWalk
- Merchant Joe – Sources say the sites are opening their doors in Edgewater
- Tropizone Opening of a tapas bar in South Beach
- Tropical Distillers Opening of a distillery in Labat
- real food kitchen – A health-oriented restaurant and bar opens in the Shallalat area
- Whole Food Market – Suggested mega store in Sunset Harbor and new locations in Fort Lauderdale