Mutsy Mabuse rigorously resigns this weekend after ‘close contact’ with Covid

Motsi Mabuse will have to step down from the BBC program after coming into contact with the Covid case

Strictly come dance Judge Mutsi Mabus Will miss the show this weekend after close contact with someone Corona virus diseaseIt was announced this afternoon.

The 40-year-old who joined the popularity BBC Contest series in 2019, revealed the news on social media earlier after I contacted him NHS Tested and tracked yesterday.

She will be replaced this weekend by award-winning actress and singer Cynthia Erivo, who Viewers liked it During her tenure as a guest judge on the show last weekend.

Cynthia was a substitute for Craig Revell Horwood, Who has the Previously tested positive As for Covid – with the Grammy winner now stepping in to cover Mutsy’s absence.

In a statement, posted on social media, Motsy said she was “distracted” to miss this weekend’s shows.

She wrote: “I got a kick out of saying I’m going to miss this weekend in Strictly. Yesterday, I was contacted by NHS Test and Trace for being in close contact with someone on Sunday 21 November who has since tested positive.”

“Dual vaccination and booster as I am, usually means exemption from isolation under the ‘close contact’ rules, but unfortunately neither the German EU vaccines nor my booster have been recognized in this case,” the dancer added.

She continued: “I have therefore to follow UK government guidelines and can only return to the UK after 30 November.

“Our health is the most important thing and fortunately I got tested several times this week and it’s negative. I’m healthy. I’m with my family – that’s what matters.”

She concluded, “I wish everyone well. Send my love. Keep dancing. Until then, lots of love and stay safe.”

A Strictly Come Dancing spokesperson said: “We can confirm that Motsi Mabuse will not be participating in Strictly Come Dancing this weekend.

“We are excited to have Cynthia Erivo join us as a guest judge once again, joining Craig Revell-Horwood, Anton de Beck and chief judge, Shirley Palace on the jury.

They added, “We are looking forward to Mozzi’s return with us at the end of next week.”

Fans have now meticulously responded to Motsi’s post, with one commenting, “This just broke my heart! Sending you so much love!”

Another fan wrote, “Very sad we won’t see you this weekend but you are safe, healthy and with your little family and that’s what matters.” While another said: “We will miss you. Glad you are fine and in good health.”

Some fans of the BBC series shared their joy that Cynthia would serve as her replacement, and one viewer replied: “Lovely Cynthia, happy to be back.”

Others said the 34-year-old was a “great alternative” in the conditions and a “breeze of fresh air last week”.

Another commented, “It would be nice to have Cynthia back on the judging panel again.”

It will accurately return on Saturday evening from 6.55pm on BBC One. You can follow previous episodes on the BBC iPlayer.

Please check back regularly for updates on this evolving story Here . Get email updates of today’s top stories straight to your inbox Subscribe to our newsletters .

Do you have a story to sell? Contact us at [email protected] Or call us directly at 0207 29 33033.

Read more

Read more

.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *