Merck, High Tide, Square: What to watch when the stock market opens today
we stock futures volatilityRising energy prices exacerbated concerns about inflation, and persistent concerns about China’s real estate sector weighed on sentiment. Individual stocks also saw silent trading before the opening bell on Tuesday. Here’s what’s moving:
- Shares of NanoVibronix were down 7% at the start of the market on Tuesday. Shares closed more than 17% higher on Monday after the healthcare device company said results were positive from a study to treat tennis elbow.
- Shares of cannabis company High Tide jumped 10% after its wholly owned subsidiary Canna Cabana obtained approval to operate in British Columbia.
- Merck shares rose 1.6% in the primary market a day after it and its partner, Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, said they had submitted an application asking US health regulators to do so. Licensing their Covid-19 pillsThe next step towards adding a long-awaited medication for use at home.
- Digital payments company Square was up 1.2% before the bell, with no visible news even though the stock was among the trending indicators on Stocktwits.
- Shares of Westwater Resources rose more than 10% in premarketing as the battery-grade graphite company agreed to build the first phase of its Coosa Graphite project in Alabama.
- The sunshine and breezes that make the beaches of Brazil a tourist destination as well Attracted a large share of global investment in solar and wind energy country in recent years.
Write to Caitlin Ostroff at email@example.com