Maureen C. O’Connell
- O’Connell, 70, of East Williston is an attorney and registered nurse who was first elected to the county clerk’s office in 2006. She also works on Conservative and tax lines.
- She worked for the New York State Assembly from 1998 to 2005 representing the Seventeenth District, where she was a senior member of the association’s health committee and was a member of the Judiciary, Insurance, and Ethics committees.
- She served as Deputy Mayor and Trustee of Incorporated Village in East Williston from 1991 to 1998. She holds a LLB from St. John’s University and a BA from St. Joseph’s College. She received her Nursing degree from the College of Nursing at Flushing Hospital.
- O’Connell said she is committed to “providing efficient, timely, and accessible services to the residents of Nassau County.” If re-elected, she said, she will continue to expand electronic access to county clerk services and continuously transfer archival records to digital platforms.
- O’Connell says she will advocate for the county to eliminate fees charged to the clerk’s office under the county law.
- It said it will protect residents from fraud and identity theft through its property fraud alert system.