Katie Price, 43, is said to have told friends she “cannot” appear again in court which means the case over her alleged assault can be dropped.
Katie Price has reportedly told her friends that she “can’t face” again in court, meaning the case involving her alleged attack could be dropped.
The 43-year-old claimed she was punched in the face during an unprovoked attack in the early hours of Monday morning.
Katie said she went to the hospital after she suspected her jaw had been broken.
After speaking to Essex Police, the mother allegedly now believes she is “mentally weak” to be questioned about the alleged assault.
A man in his 30s has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of assault, robbery, coercive conduct and control after an alleged altercation.
Katie’s friends say she fears giving testimony in court will harm her mental health.
“This is a nightmare situation for Katie,” a source said. the sun.
“She totally stands by her version of the events that took place that night that was given to the police, but upon reflection, she wasn’t sure she was mentally strong enough to appear in court again.
“She doesn’t want to be dragged through the factory, and have her private life scrutinized by everyone else and variety. Katie sees no other way out.”
A police spokesman told the newspaper: “It is our duty to gather all evidence relating to this case and our investigations are continuing.”
Mirror Online has contacted Katie’s representatives for comment.
Katie has appeared several times in court for crimes in recent years.
Last year, she was asked to pay her ex-husband Alex Reed £250,000 to share details about their sex lives.
Then in October 2020, she phoned her latest bankruptcy hearing from the Maldives after the case clashed with a business trip.
Katie attended the hearing at a Specialized Insolvency and Corporate Court in London via Skype instead.
She also appeared in court for driving.
In 2019, she was banned from driving for two years and reduced to 18 months after she appealed the ruling.
Katie has been disqualified from driving six times since her first six-month ban in 2010.