It is the first smartphone to run Android 11 and Windows 11.
The OnePlus administrator announced in the community that the OnePlus 6T has launched a new version of Hydrogen OS Public Testing. The new version of Hydrogen OS comes with deep customization based on Android 11. According to reports, OnePlus 6T successfully runs Windows 11 system. It is the first smartphone to run Android 11 and Windows 11 operating systems.
So far, there are no reports on whether the device can run on both operating systems at the same time. However, this is most likely not the case. The smartphone may be able to run both systems but one at a time.
The OnePlus 6T was released in the second half of 2018. At the time, the smartphone was a flagship device. It comes with a 6.41-inch AMOLED screen with an aspect ratio of 19.5: 9 and a resolution of 2340 x 1080. The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with 6GB / 8GB RAM and 128GB / 256GB internal storage. In addition, the smartphone comes with a built-in 3700 mAh battery that supports 20W fast charging. The smartphone also supports light sensitive on-screen fingerprint recognition. Interestingly, the OnePlus 6T does not currently have a stable Android 11 update. A few days ago, OnePlus introduced Android 11 Beta for OnePlus 6T.
The OnePlus 6T is the first mobile phone to be sold by OnePlus technology through a US carrier. OnePlus is the first high-end Chinese brand to land on American carrier T-Mobile. This collaboration gives OnePlus the opportunity to open the most important sales channel for US mobile phones. With this relationship, OnePlus flagship smartphones are now more recognizable in North America. However, it still has to compete to be a Chinese brand in North America.
OnePlus 6T specifications
- 6.41 inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD + 19.5: 9 aspect ratio optic AMOLED display which contains 100.63% sRGB color palette, DCI-P3 color facets, more than 600 night brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.8 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm mobile platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDRRX X with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 with Oxygen 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- Secondary 20MP Camera with Dual LED Flash, F / 1.7 Aperture, 1 / 2.6 ″ Sony IMX519 Sensor, 1.22μm Pixel Size, OIS, EIS, Sony IMX376K Sensor 16MP rear camera with f / 1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 480 fps Slow-mo in 720p, 1080 at 240 fps, 4x fps
- 16MP front camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, f / 2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor in the display
- Daily water resistance
- USB Type-C audio, bottom facing speaker, Derek HD sound
- Dimensions: 157.7 × 74.8 × 8.2 mm Weight: 185 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3700mAh battery with dash charge (5V – 4A)