- If you can’t log in to your account normally, you can retrieve your Facebook account in a browser or using a mobile app.
- On the computer, find the troubled account using someone else’s Facebook account and then follow the menu to choose to recover the account.
- On the iPhone or Android, you can follow the link to the forgotten password on the login page to recover the account.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference Library for more stories..
Can’t access your Facebook account? There are a few reasons why this might happen, but if your account was hacked or you just forgot your password, you can use the automatic Facebook account recovery process to get back. You will need access to Facebook, however, such as through a friend or family member’s account.
How to recover a Facebook account on a computer.
1. Open Facebook in a browser and then find the profile page of the account you are trying to log in to. You can do this by searching, but an easy option is to find an account. Friends List
2. Tap Three points At the far right of the page, according to the tabs below the account name.
3. In the drop-down menu, select. Find support or report profile..
4. Click. something else.
5. Click. Retrieve this account..
6. You will be logged out of your existing Facebook account and will see. Find your account Window
7. Enter your email address or phone number associated with the account and click. find..
8. Choose how you want to get the code to reset your password, such as using your Google Account or email address.
9. Follow the instructions to retrieve the code from the device you selected, and then enter it to regain access to your account.
How To Recover Facebook Account On Mobile Device
Whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android device, the steps to recover your Facebook account are the same.
1. Get started Facebook App on your phone. If it’s already logged into an account (but not the one you want to access), tap, scroll down, and tap the three-line menu. Log out.
2. On the Facebook app login page, tap. Forgot password?
3. On Find your account Page, enter your phone number for the account.
4. When you see the account appear in the search results, tap it.
5. On log in Page, tape Try the other way..
6. On Choose a way to login. Page, if you need to reset the password, tap. Send code via email. and then Keep going.
7. Follow the instructions to enter the code and regain access to the account.