- To disable Facebook on your iPhone, go to the app’s settings menu.
- You can also delete your Facebook account from the same menu, or delete the app from your iPhone.
- Once you’ve deactivated your Facebook account, you can log in and reactivate it.
- See the internal tech reference library for more stories..
Facebook, like most social media apps, can be incredibly addictive. If you have a lot of Facebook friends, unlimited scrolling news feeds can steal your hours of the day.
If you are having trouble managing your Facebook time, consider deactivating your account. Deactivating your Facebook account will log you out and hide your profile from others, but none of your data will be deleted. This is a great way to take a break from Facebook without deleting your photos and posts.
It only takes a few moments to deactivate Facebook from the iPhone app. Here’s how to do it.
How to disable Facebook on your iPhone
Note that once you deactivate your Facebook account, it will be deactivated on each device. If you want to remove Facebook from your iPhone, consider deleting the app instead.
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone and tap on the 3 line icon in the bottom right corner.
2. Scroll down and tap. Settings and privacy., and then Setting.
3. Now you have to go to a few menus: Tap. Personal and account information., Then Account ownership and control, and then Deactivate and delete..
4. Facebook will give you the option to deactivate or delete your account. Faucet Deactivate account, and then Continue deactivating the account. At the bottom of the screen.
5. Explain the reason for deactivating your account and tap. Keep going, Then enter your password.
You will be logged out of your account, and you will receive an email stating that your account has been deactivated.
If you ever want to reactivate an account, all you have to do is open Facebook and log back in. Your profile will be restored immediately.