Rechargeable lithium ion batteries are used items that have a limited lifespan. When the battery is low, a full charge won’t last you long on a new battery. Lithium ion batteries have a fixed number of fully recharging cycles. After crossing this specific number, the battery will need to be replaced. Otherwise, your iPhone may slow down, turn off unexpectedly, and / or not last long on a single charge. Here’s how to check your iPhone’s battery health.
How To Check Your iPhone Battery Health
- Launch. Setting App on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click. Battery.
- There you will find the maximum capacity of your battery. If, for example, your maximum capacity is 75%, this indicates that a full charge will now last you until a new battery is charged to 75%. So if a new battery lasts you 8 hours, a 75% capacity battery will last you about 6 hours.
- High performance capability indicates whether your iPhone is being slowed down to avoid unexpected shutdown. When the battery is low, iOS limits the processing power of your iPhone. If this screen mentions it on your device, you can ignore it and restore the original speed of the iPhone. However, your iPhone’s battery won’t last long and may run out in unexpected times.
- Optimized battery charging learns from your charging habits and adapts accordingly. If you charge your iPhone every night and plug it in at 6 o’clock in the morning, for example, the iPhone will not fully charge your battery until 6 o’clock in the morning. This is because keeping your iPhone on the charger until its battery is full can cause it to deteriorate.
iOS will display a message telling you when to replace your battery. Battery This section will also tell you if the replacement is the original battery. If you are not satisfied with the battery life of your iPhone and its maximum capacity has dropped significantly, you can always get the battery replaced, even if iOS has not notified you yet. And if you haven’t upgraded your phone in many years, you can check out our recommendations on the best iPhone to buy on a budget and go for a new phone and better battery life.
How many hours does your iPhone run on a single charge? Let us know in the comments section below.