What is unclaimed property? It could be any of the following:
- Gift Certificates
- unpaid wages
- Unpaid checks bearing your name
The state treasurer’s office said last fiscal year that the unclaimed property division returned nearly $43 million to 23,462 claimants.
How to find out if you have unclaimed property
- visit https://colorado.findyourunclaimedproperty.com/
- Select “Get started”
- Fill in your information in the search fields
- If you have an unclaimed property, it will appear in the list
- You can only claim one piece of property per search
- If a claim appears in the list for you, click Claim
- On the next page, you will fill in your personal information
- Then you can submit your claim
- Once you complete the steps to submit your claim, a claim form with instructions will be sent to you via the email address you provided.
The Colorado State Treasurer currently maintains a list of more than 1.7 million names of individuals, as well as businesses for which real estate is available.