Here’s what the dolphins have to do to defeat the giants – The Boston Herald

Five things the Miami Dolphins (5-7) need to do to win their fifth game in a row, and beat the New York Giants (4-7) at Hard Rock in Week 13:

Make titan attack one dimensional

The Giants average 90.8 yards and 3.84 yards per attempt this season, but those struggles can be attributed to Sacon Barkley’s lack of health most of the season. The Giants’ debut season kicked off a comeback from an ACL injury that cut the 2020 season off, then has missed four games this year with an ankle sprain. He’s slowly worked his way back in the previous two games, contributing 65 yards in 19 gigs and collecting 10 passes for 44 yards. Earlier this season, the Dolphins gave Jonathan Taylor a game break for the Colts, and they’ve racked up a major league victory since then. Miami, which allows 104.9 yards to dash per game and 4.3 yards per attempt, cannot allow another elite to come back to make it turn against them.

Making giants quarterback uncomfortable

A neck injury could prevent Daniel Jones from playing Sunday’s game, but the approach shouldn’t change whether or not Mike Glennon starts. The Dolphins need to pursue whoever is behind the center-centre for the Giants, who possess a formidable offensive line, characterized by two methods of talented tackles. But the Dolphins have a history with Matt Skora, who started out in the left guard after spending a training camp with the dolphins, and must know how to attack the forward guard with twists and stunts. Glennon has a statue in the pocket, unlike Jones. He was fired 6.9% of his attempts during his eight-year career. But to Glennon’s credit, he doesn’t make many interceptions (27 of 1,005 attempts in regular season games).

Provide adequate protection for Tua Tagovailoa

Tagoviloa completed 70.5% of his passes for 7.3 yards per attempt. He was thrown for 1,701 yards with 10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions and has been sacked 10 times in his eight games this season. The quick decisions he makes, and his precision in the pocket, have led to his success this season when he’s been healthy. The only thing that could get in the way of this is the horrific offensive linear play in Miami. Last week, the dolphins allowed two bags early before tightening the tie. The Dolphins need to continue to improve play from the offensive line, particularly offensive maneuvers of Liam Eichenberg and Jesse Davis, who collectively allowed 15 of the 29 sacks to be abandoned by Miami this season. The Giants scored just 21 sacks this year.

Score at least 21 points

The Dolphins have scored 22 or more points in the past three weeks, which coincides with Tagovailoa’s return to the starting line-up. Miami’s 42% conversion rate in the third dips improved significantly with Tagoviloa trailing in center. His constant presence gives the team a chance to finish motives with points. And Miami’s red zone efficiency (58% TD rate) and target execution (75% TD rate) show that offense is improving. The Giants are allowed to convert 38% of the chances of the third place, and 52.2% of the chances of the red zone have turned into the relegation, which is ranked eighth in the NFL, three points behind the Dolphins (51.1%).

Rush for over 100 yards

The Dolphins earned a 100-plus yard dash for the fourth time all season last week, earning 111 of 39 loads against the Panthers. While the average yards-per-attempt (2.8) was disappointing, the commitment to maintaining the offense’s balance was impressive. Phillip Lindsay’s entry into the offense last week (42 yards sprinting on 12 gigs) suggests there may be more in store for the former Pro Bowler, who was claimed through waivers wire. Lindsay can open plays outside of the area, and that could benefit this offense, which has averaged 3.4 yards per deal (ranked 31st) this season. The Giants are ranked 27th in the sprint, allowing them to have 4.5 yards per attempt and 127.7 yards per dash.

Write a Comment