Harvey Weinstein extradited to Los Angeles for sexual assault | Harvey Weinstein

  • Home / Entertainment / Harvey Weinstein extradited…

Harvey Weinstein extradited to Los Angeles for sexual assault | Harvey Weinstein

Harvey Weinstein was delivered for extradition From New York to Los Angeles to face more sexual assault charges, New York authorities said Tuesday.

The disgraced film producer is wanted for trial for assaulting five women between 2004 and 2013. In Angels In the county, he faces 11 counts of sexual assault: four counts of forced rape, four counts of forced oral intercourse, two counts of sexual battery with restraint and one of sexual penetration using force.

Last February, Weinstein was convicted in New York of sexual assault and rape and sentenced to 23 years in prison. If convicted of the charges in California, he will face 140 years In state prison.

On Tuesday, the New York Department of Corrections He said: “This morning, at approximately 9.25 a.m., the custody of Mr. Harvey Weinstein has been handed over to the appropriate officials for transport to the State of California by court order.”

In addition to appealing his conviction in New York and sentencing, which his legal team calls “de facto for life‘, who is 69, has fought extradition on medical grounds.

“We will fight so that Harvey can receive the medical care he needs and of course so that he can be treated fairly,” said spokesperson Judah Engelmayer. He said Tuesday. “Legal procedures, presumption of innocence and a fair trial are still his right.”

Weinstein denies the Los Angeles charges.

“Harvey Weinstein has always maintained that all of his physical encounters throughout his life were consensual,” Engelmayr added. “That has not changed.”

Los Angeles County Attorney He said Earlier this month it was ready to bring Weinstein to trial within four months.

Following investigations from the New Yorker and the New York Times in 2017, more than 80 women accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct. The accusations helped launch the global #MeToo movement.

Earlier this year, the former production company Weinstein agreed to pay $17 million For women alleging sexual assault.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

x