Gangrel claims that his AEW appearance was canceled after entering Edge’s brood

Gangrel claimed that he was scheduled to appear on the August 25 edition of AEW Dynamite, but SummerSlam’s entry at Edge led to his plans being cancelled.

Gangrel, Edge, and Christian were formerly The Brood faction in WWE from 1998 to 1999 and called the Rated-R Superstar to their brooding days at SmackDown and SummerSlam, throwing first at Seth Rollins on Friday before recreating the faction’s entrance at the biggest party of the summer.

The entry had unintended consequences, according to Gangrel, as AEW canceled his dynamite appearance.

“I’m supposed to catch a flight today, and now I’m supposed to be on a plane. It’s Tuesday today. I was supposed to be on a plane to Milwaukee,” Jungerl said in his message. Fangen in Bangin Podcast. “So while I was running yesterday tying up my last assignments, I got a phone call back saying, ‘Man, we’re so sorry. We’re going in a different direction because of the WWE media. “”

“With all that said, I’ll say everything Edge did was great. It was great and I love it. The reason I wasn’t too excited about it was because I was offered another great opportunity and the timing was poor. AEW called me and wanted me to come and do dynamite tomorrow. They were. They put the entrance together, they were going to do the fire, they were getting pyro stuff, they were putting the music together.”

Then Gangrel added, “It wasn’t [AEW’s] flaw. It was just timing and I was so thankful and happy to be a part of that. I think it was Tony’s idea to bring me up and do all that.”

Gangrel previously appeared at All Elite Wrestling at Full Gear 2020 during an Elite Deletion Match between Matt Hardy and Sammy Guevara, summoning Hardy’s time in New Brood.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.