Whew! It’s been a long week for R. Kelly and things don’t look like they’re going to let him down anytime soon. As previously reported, R. Kelly was convicted of racketeering and trafficking in Monday’s sexual assault trial and is now said to be stripped of the honor he received back in 2013.
According to TMZ, R. Kelly will not have the honor of keeping the key to Baton Rouge. Denise Marcel returned the key to Kelly in February 2013, telling TMZ that she regrets giving it to him in the first place. Despite allegations about R. Kelly at the time, Marcel said her only understanding of his case was that he was troubled in 2008.
After a guilty verdict on Monday, it was reported that Baton Rouge Metro Board would strip R Kelly of honor, although he would be able to keep the physical key and the plate he was given.
As previously reported, R. Kelly was convicted of nine counts Monday after being found guilty of extortion and trafficking in a sexual assault trial. Allegations of Kelly’s sexual abuse and misconduct toward minors were fueled during the trial, and several of Kelly’s accusers testified against him during the trial.
Despite the guilty verdict, Kelly’s defense attorney said Kelly is disappointed with the outcome of the trial, and plans to appeal the verdict. R. Kelly also received outside support from fans, and one of the biggest black men in entertainment, Bill Cosby.
According to a statement from Cosby’s spokesperson Andrew White, thought R. Kelly was “bound.” He also accused attorney Gloria Allred of making the public resist R. Kelly as she allegedly did to Bill during his trial.
“He also said Gloria Allred did the same thing I did to him,” White said. “You parade women, you stir up public sentiment to oppose it, and that’s what they did to R Kelly.”
R. Kelly is due to be sentenced on May 4, 2022. Until then, keep it closed with us for all updates on this and more!
Want updates directly in your inbox? Call us at 917-722-8057 or https://my.community.com/theshaderoom