Alaska Airlines evacuated a plane after a phone caught fire.

A cell phone caught fire in the cabin of an Alaska Airlines flight that arrived in Seattle from New Orleans on Monday evening. Port of Seattle spokeswoman Perry Cooper said the phone was a Samsung Galaxy A21. Seattle Times.

“After a lot of digging, I can tell you that the phone was burned out of recognition,” Cooper said in an email. Seattle Times. “However, during an interview with one of our Port of Seattle police officers, the passenger voluntarily called the Samsung Galaxy A21. Again, we could not confirm this by looking at the remains of the device.

Samsung did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Verge.

A spokesman for Alaska Airlines said. Edge The crew used fire extinguishers and battery containers to “stop the phone from smoking.” The spokesman said the passengers were evacuated through evacuation slides “due to dilapidated conditions inside the cabin” and two were treated at a local hospital. A Twitter user who said he was on the flight described the cabin. “Like a washing machine.”

Passengers were taken to the terminal by bus, According to a tweet from Seattle-Tecoma International Airport., And two passengers were treated at a local hospital, an Alaska airline spokesman said.

Although the situation may keep the memory of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 in mind due to the fear of battery exploding, it is not clear whether there is any common defect in any model of A21 right now. There have been several separate incidents of phone batteries catching fire in different brands. Because those batteries can catch fire, here are our explanations as to why this happens.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.