Good morning and welcome to Insider
If this email was forwarded to you, sign up here for your daily insider’s guide to advertising and media.
Tips, comments, suggestions? Drop me a line at LJohnson@insider.com or on Twitter at @LaurenJohnson.
‘It’s our Y2K’: Advertisers are freaking out that Apple’s privacy changes will make it harder to tell if their ads are working
- Tanya Dua spoke with advertisers about how Apple’s imminent privacy changes will upend app advertising.
- Apple’s changes could especially impact direct-to-consumer advertisers’ ability to measure their advertising.
- Many expect brands to go back to old-school advertising techniques like geo matched-market testing.
The Wall Street Journal is revamping its digital strategy to get more traffic – and it’s creating tension among some reporters
- Steven Perlberg reports that the Journal has pushed its staffers to produce more SEO-driven content to lure in new readers.
- Louise Story, chief news strategist and chief product and tech officer, is leading the effort.
- Some staffers have pushed back about having to write more about trending topics.
- Boutique firms with 25 or fewer employees and annual revenue below $10 million form the backbone of the PR industry.
- For clients, boutiques can offer low costs and senior-level attention.
- Insider identified 18 top boutique PR firms across categories, including finance, tech, and luxury.